The Firehouse Theatre is proud to support our community through offering an outstanding education program which includes:
- Firehouse JR Learning Labs – Utilize Firehouse JR productions to provide classes for youth and adults utilizing “In-Show Experience” education materials focusing on various aspects of the performing arts.
- actingOUT Improv Summer Camp – 4 separate weeks in June utilizing exercises, lectures, and short scene work targeted to students entering st – 8th grades. The program is designed to challenge and help learners grow their acting and creative skills. High school students have the opportunity to practice leadership skills while serving as mentors. A public performance for family and friends is scheduled at the end of each week.
- Audience Experience – Local schools are always invited and encouraged to participate in one or both of our enhanced audience experiences.
- Come Early – a pre-performance discussion with actors regarding show preparation such as costumes, make-up, mic checks, prop placement, and a backstage tour.
- Stay Late – a post-performance discussion with actors exploring character development, plot progression, movement techniques, and a Q&A session.
- To set up an AUDIENCE EXPERIENCE, contact email@example.com.
- Project AcTour – A traveling troupe consisting of 4 Actors visits local schools utilizing theatre arts to teach a TEKS oriented virtue.
- For PROJECT AcTOUR to come to your school, contact firstname.lastname@example.org